- Eye for an i ! !: the "New Times"

Monday, June 27, 2005

the "New Times"


On my morning trip to the AM PM,I grabbed a New Times. I haven't looked at one in a million years, due to the fact that I have no life. So I decided to poke through the music section, partly to bring back sweet memories of my "concert going days", and partly to occupy my time while I pulled a12 hour day at work
- SOLO -. In my examination of every possible band that will be coming into town in the next few months, I came across the "Golden God" of concerts, Dave Mathews featuring Slightly Stoopid (one of the best damn bands EVER). Now, every year I would have my birthday show, and coincidentally for 3 years straight it was Dave. As life has it, my circle of friends changed, my finances blew goats, and my dedication to my music fell through (a very sad truth). With this "new" path I had chosen, came an unspoken guilt for abandoning the one thing in my life that made me happy, my music. My path brought me to motherhood, which can & did stifle any social life I had had.
As Dave & SS spoke to me thru the New Times, I had a revelation.......and that is, if I DON'T go to this FUCKING amazing show, all my music rights will be revoked (as by MELLOWS law). I will shrivel up and die a fake, guttless, beastly troll!! Who the hell wants that floating around in their head? Not I, said the mellow me. So Friday's payday will include ONE "Golden God" ticket to my salvation. And so it is written, so shall it be done (my biblical quote for my spiritual awakening). I NEED, NEED, NEED this show, and I'll be a fucking shit inducing energy drink before I miss this shiz-nit BEOTHES!!!!
So there you have it....I am a leo lunatic, and Dave and Slightly Stoopid are gonna hear my ass roar on August 30. Martini, WE ARE SO THERE!!!

SLIGHTLY STOOPID...."Mr. music, you know you sure sound good to me. You can't refuse it, what have you got to be? You've got to get together one more time and stand up for your rights. And when you're reaching for the sun at the end of the tunnel, you'll be lovin' everything tonight. Play on Mr. music, play on."
Dave Mathews...."Celebrate we will. Cause life is short, but sweet for certain....things we can not change."