- Eye for an i ! !: How come?

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

How come?

Sometimes I ask myself, "Am I a good person"? What makes a person, a good person? Is it your own perception of yourself, or how others percieve you? I think to be totally true to yourself, it would have to be self perception. Because only you know your conscious. And ultimately your conscious would be what determined a self evalutation of "a good person". Now ask yourself one question. What is the worst thing, you've ever done? Think about the answer, and then think whether what that would warrant a "bad person" conclusion. Now I have asked myself what the worst thing I've ever done was, and this is the answer I have found. The worst thing I ever did, was have an affair with a married man. At that time I had just ended a 5 1/2 year abusive relationship (which by no means, makes it ok). I had been with this person pretty much my whole life (up until that point). I had no idea how to meet people, or be single in any way. I was working the front desk at a hotel. He was a guest that was staying there for awhile, on a business trip. We would chat while I was working, and one night he asked me out to dinner. To be honest, I really wouldn't even consider him my type at all. For the most part it was the thrill of messing around with a guest in the hotel. I honestly didn't know he was married until after we had slept together (which didn't stop me from doing it again. Not very nice!). He never wore a wedding ring, or talked about any wife he had.

It only lasted a week, but after that I really hadn't realized what I had done. Now in retrospect, I think that was one of the worst things I could have done. I didn't seem to care about any one I might have been hurting. In retrospect, I was very selfish. I do feel that I have learned by my mistake, and can say that I would never do that now. If I could take it back, I would! I do believe in karma, and it will not be pleasant when it comes back to me. Although I feel my slate somewhat cleaned, I will always remember what I did, and always feel I have it coming to me. I won't be a jealous person, if cheating happens, it happens. However, I don't feel like a cheater, just someone who made a big mistake. Does this make me a bad person? I don't feel like I am a bad person, and I do feel like I am a pretty good person. Can someone make a mistake like this, and still be considered a "good person"? I can't say.

a quote......"I’ll feel that horrible feeling in my stomach you get when you’ve gone over to the Dark Side. But I’ll be fine. That’s the good thing about the Dark Side. Eventually, your eyes adjust."