- Eye for an i ! !: Back in the day...part III "High school"

Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Back in the day...part III "High school"

~ Well here I am, a freshman in a new high school. I must have stuck out like a sore thumb. As I walked around that first day, I noticed the curious stares. I was the "new girl" once again, but this time, it was in this HUGE stereotyped, fashionista, constantly judged bubble of teenage girls, and boys. It didn't take me long to gravitate toward a group. Boys with skateboards asking for money. They happen to be the only people wondering my name, where I came from etc. (Just an FYI being 1990-1991, I would have to say the boys with skateboards were much different, than the boys with skateboards today. In my opinion.) This was the day I would meet Red, Holland & Sullivan (aliases). From that day forward, I was officially one of the guys.

~My freshman year I met this boy with a skateboard, shall we call him Red. (Holland, Sullivan, & Red, confused yet?) Red was a little goofy, tall, husky (you know what I mean), with really red hair and freckles. He kept bugging & bugging me until I agreed to go out with him. We ended up togther for 4 years. And to this day, he was the only guy that loved every part of me, and told me, and showed me.We were together every day FOR that 4 years too.In some way were a PG-13 sometimes rated R Bonnie & Clyde. As I approached senior year things started to change drastically. Our relationship was growing apart. This hole FOUR years, hanging out with the boys, and drinking with the boys, made me notice another boy. It was Holland. We had always had the most in common, and all the same classes.

~After Red and I broke up, I knew that Holland and I would get together, in was inevitable. And so one day we did. My relationship with Holland lasted 5 1/2 years. Our senior year was fucking awesome. Holland, Sullivan & I were the shit, and no one would despute it. We knew where the parties were, or were having the party ourselves. When we graduated, as I started a new future, I really felt like I was right where I belonged. As Holland & I approached our second year together, that's when my life undeniably changed, with such a darkness, I never thought I would experience. Considering that Holland & I were socialites, we drank like fishes as well. One night after leaving a friends house, I tried to take the keys away from him, and we started into a huge fight. That was the first time Holland hit me. He punched me in the face 2X, broke 3 windiws in my parents house, and punched the wall. (my parents were obviously not home) At that time, I had no idea of his anger, and I didn't REALLY SEE what he had done.

~Meanwhile, as the next year rolled on, we maintained this "perfect" couple label. No one knew except my parents, his parents and sister, Holland and me. As our relationship went on, it went through waves. There were good times (truely there were) and then there would be those angry, hateful times, that seemed to really bother us both. We decided that we had to leave our "turd hole town" and go somewhere. And so we did. As I packed my car with my ENTIRE life inside, Holland and I began our cross country journey towards our new state 2500 miles away from "turd town". With the thought that with this new beginning, we would leave our problems in "turd hole", along with the anger & violence. __________OH, HOW WRONG WE WERE!!!____________

--**--Not a whole lotta mention of Sullivan up to here.The next part of "backintheday"there will be way too many Sullivan references-**-

~These 3 guys still remain in my thoughts, and forever changed something about me. I will always wonder, how life is treating them. And despite any hurt, those happy times, are some of the most *free-loving-fun*, I have ever had.

a quote......"It is hard to convince a high-school student that he will encounter a lot of problems more difficult than those of algebra and geometry."