- Eye for an i ! !: I put a new Wing on my doctors house

Tuesday, March 08, 2005

I put a new Wing on my doctors house

Sometimes, I will not check my mail for a week (my mail box, it's a cluster of boxes at the end of the street). So I swung by the cluster last night, on the way home from work. Needless to say, there was alot of mail. Mostly junk. Some letters for pe-approved home loans and credit cards. And then there are all my Dr. bills. As I've said before, I frequent doctors. All kinds of doctors. We have also had a few surgeries too. Now I have this "Oh so AWESOME insurance" that takes care of a pretty nice portion of the bill (maybe I'm selfish to complain, some people don't even have insurance :( ). So I get these bills for an anesthesiologist, immunizations that aren't covered, yada yada yada. And I am like. "I thought I paid this?" So I call the insurance, then the billing office. NOPER.... no where does it tell me I have to pay for this, or I have to pay for that, I'm just supposed to know this, being a expert on insurance and all. I didn't even have insurance before I got pregnant! It's not like I am gonna say "No I'm not having him tested for that my insurance doesn't cover it!" Which by the way, they don't tell you until after you've already done it. Now I understand a doctor has got to make a living too, but what the helldoes that money I pay out of my check go for, I ask?? Doctor's have a way of manipulating the situation, without saying a single word. I HAVE to put my trust in them, because I have no choices. Therefore I feel like an idiot, at every visit, then I pay them and leave. All that, to come home, get on the computer, and look up the information myself. In some ways, I feel that I know more about a possible diagnoses for my son than they do. And still I test, & test, & test, and sometimes wait 2 months for a result. In the meantime, I keep paying bill, after bill, after bill, building another wing on their already too big of a house!!
Sorry for a post full of rants, but I had to let it out somewhere!!
a quote....."I believe in everything until it's disproved. So I believe in fairies, the myths, dragons. It all exists, even if it's in your mind. Who's to say that dreams and nightmares aren't as real as the here and now? Reality leaves a lot to the imagination."-John Lennon